We are excited to share with you our new features to be launched very shortly. You will be among the first to have hands-on experience with the products through our limited early release.
During this limited early release of our new Sub-Account feature and our tandem product the Multi-User feature; we will be offering to your team the opportunity to engage with your customers in a more consolidated way. The Sub-Account product provides you with more control over your portfolio of accounts, easily and quickly. The Multi-User product allows you to include more collaborative access to your accounts.
Sub-Account and Multi-User Opt-In
During this initial release period, customers will be able to request access to the Sub-Accounts and Multi-User features by heading to the Features page under Preferences when you have logged into your account. Once you request access to the Sub-Account and/or Multi-User features, your account will be reviewed during this initial release period - a process that may take up to a week depending on volume. You will be able to see the status of your request on your account in the Features Page under Preferences. Once your access has been approved, you will see the new Sub-Account and/or Multi-User features available on your account and you can begin working with the new product.
Below you can find some steps to get you started when exploring your new features.
Sub-Account Getting Started Guide
When your account has access to the Sub-Account Feature, you will see a new User Interface element. Your blue header bar to the right of the Flowroute logo now contains two parts. The first part is the name of the account you currently have active. The second part is the new account picker.
If you have no Sub-Accounts configured, the account picker will encourage you to “Create a Sub-Account”; clicking on this button will take you to the Advanced Settings page.
If you have Sub-Accounts configured, the account picker will allow you to switch easily between your accounts and offer a new Summary view of your Flowroute accounts. The account picker allows you to filter the list by entering a Company (or Company Alias)
- Head to Advanced Settings on the left-hand menu bar
- Click on the “Link Account” button
- Fill in the form with the Flowroute account Tech Prefix and Email, read the acknowledgements, and submit the form.
- Check your email for a verification message to link your account and click on the button.
- The account is now linked as a Sub-Account.
Switching between different Accounts
- Once you have configured your account to have a Sub-Account, you will see the account picker in the blue header bar next to the Flowroute logo with a drop-down list of accounts
- Select an account on the drop-down to switch between accounts.
- Head to Advanced Settings on the left-hand menu bar
- Click on the “Add new Account” button
- Fill in the form with the customer information for the new account and submit the form.
- Check the email specified for an activation link.
- Select “All Accounts” in the Sub-Account UI element to view the Summary view
- Open “Billing” on the left-hand menu to see the complete list of accounts and their charges. Select an account from the top drop-down to the right of “Switch Accounts” to view specific information on that account.
Let’s begin with the features and options you are now going to be able to use upon activation.
Multi-User Getting Started Guide
Create a New User
- In advanced settings, select “User Management” on the top header in gray
- You will see the option to “Add New User”
- Fill out the form and make sure you give them access to the Account.
- The user will need to verify their account information via an email link
- Save the form.
The four user types
Principal Users have access to the Advanced Settings Menu to configure the Sub-Account and Multi-User Features. A Principal User can link existing accounts as Sub-Accounts to the current account, create additional new Sub-Accounts, add additional Users to the parent account or child account and configure access Roles for additional Users. In addition, adding a Sub-Account gives access to the Summary view across multiple accounts that contains summary information about all linked accounts.
- Configuration of Sub-Account/Multi-User features
- Link accounts as Sub-Accounts
- Create new Sub-Accounts
- Add Users Roles
- Sub-Account Overview Details
Power Users have access to view the new Summary view across all accounts for which they have permissions. In addition, Power Users can update all resources on a Flowroute account.
- Permitted Sub-Account Overview Details
- Update All Resources on Account
This user type has access to view an account's Billing information and CDR Reports. The user is able to update configurations under the Interconnection settings, and Manage DID actions.
The restictions of the user affect more critical areas of the accounts configuration. it is unable to update the customer or billing information. The role does not have permission to add funds to the account balance. It is also restricted from making Account Feature changes, and modify API Keys.
When a Principal User deactivates a User’s Role on their account, they are moved to a Revoked state. This change is not permanent and can be reversed by a Principal User to another state. While deactivated, the user profile retains all roles previously assigned. If activated again, the roles assigned at the time of deactivation will be restored.
A Principal user has the permissions to add or remove the link between accounts and to create new users and grant or revoke their access. These actions are not reviewed by Flowroute staff and happen immediately although some steps are subject to additional security by requiring email verification.