Flowroute handles conventional English-language reply keywords such as STOP and UNSTOP for messages received on your long-code or toll-free numbers as per industry standards.
We support the following opt-in and opt-out keywords:
- "STOP": If customers respond to a Flowroute phone number with this case-insensitive keyword, they will stop receiving future texts from that specific Flowroute number. Flowroute's API will throw a 400 reply with error code 1110 ("Message approved by the SMSC, but the phone rejected the message") when trying to send a message to a subscriber that had earlier written "Stop," "Stop," or "STOP").
- Customers will need to individually opt-out of each used, long code capable, DID in your inventory from which they are receiving messages. The opt-out block is only triggered by single-word messages.
- For instance, replying with "Stop It," "Will you stop," or "this has to stop!!" will not trigger a block response. This block trigger is activated on the carrier side; at any point where the customer replied to the used number.
- This command includes an opt-out request while your DID isn't online for sending messages.
- "UNSTOP": will opt consumers back into the messages coming from your Flowroute phone number. These messages will also be delivered to your Flowroute account as well as the defined Callback URL so you can update your application logic. This keyword is also case insensitive, i.e. "Unstop", "unstop", or "UNSTOP" should work.
NOTE: Text message campaigns may be subject to various legal compliance requirements depending on the nature of your text messaging campaign, the location from where you are sending your text messages, and the location of your recipients. While Flowroute will handle the above-described messages on long code phone numbers in the way that it is described here, you should consult with your legal counsel to ensure that your text messaging campaign conforms with all applicable legal compliance requirements.
If you have further questions on this, please contact Flowroute Support.