Before you begin
- You will need your Flowroute SIP credentials. These can be found on the Interconnection > Status &Setup page of your Flowroute Manage account.
- If you don't have a Flowroute phone number yet, you can purchase one on the DIDs > Purchase page of your Flowroute Manage account.
NOTE: This article uses the Windows version of X-Lite for screenshots; however, both the Windows and Mac versions are configured identically. Any configurations not shown can be left at their default settings.
To configure Bria or X-lite Softphone for the PC or Mac
Open Account Settings.
- Enter Your Flowroute SIP Credentials.
In the User Details section, add your Flowroute SIP credentials:
- User ID: Your Flowroute phone number where you want to receive calls. This number will also be sent as your caller ID for outbound calls.
- Domain: The Flowroute SIP Registrar/Proxy, sip.flowroute.com.
- Password: Your Flowroute SIP Credentials Password.
- Authorization name: Your eight-digit Flowroute SIP Credential Username & Auth Username.
- Click OK.
Enter a phone number, click Call and make a call!
NOTE: When calling outbound, be sure to use E.164 dialing for all calls, with all calls starting with the Country Code. For example, a call to a US number needs to start with 1, while a call to the UK needs to start with 44.
You're all set! Your status will be listed as Available, and you are ready to send and receive calls.