The following article describes configuring pfSense firewall. The SIP device should be assigned a fixed IP either via DHCP or by configuring it with a static IP.
NOTE: This information applies to pfSense versions 1.2.3 and 2.0.1.
To configure pfSense firewall:
- In the pfSense UI, click Firewall, click NAT, and then click the Outbound tab.
- Click the Manual Outbound NAT rule generation radio button, and then click Save.
In the Mappings section, create a new rule at the start of the list using the following minimum required values:
Rules are processed in order from topmost to bottommost; by adding this as the first rule, it will be procssed first.
NOTE: For more information static NAT ports, see the pfSense web site.
Example outbound NAT settings
- Interface: [relevant external interface]
- Source: [IP of the SIP device]
- Static Port: YES
- Click Save.
- Repeat the steps above for each rule you want to add, and organize those rules in the order by which you want them processed.
NOTE: For newer versions of pfSense please see the following image.