This article describes how to remove the + (plus) from showing on inbound calls . For example, if your caller ID displays +14805551212 as the caller ID from that number, you can set up an incoming caller ID format that strips the + from displaying. 14805551212 displays instead of +14805551212.
To remove the + from displaying on inbound calls:
- Open your 3CX 14 administrative application.
- In the left-hand navigation pane, expand VoIP Providers.
- Under the expanded group, look for Flowroute and expand that.
Under Flowroute find the primary number you want to set up so that the + does not display.
The phone number details appear in the right-hand pane.
- Click the Other Options tab.
- In the INCOMING CID Formatting section, click Add New.
- In the Source CID Pattern field, enter: "+(.*)"
- In the New Source CID Pattern field, enter: "\1"
- Click OK, and then click Apply.
Exit the 3CX 14 administrative application.
Your new format is set so that the + no longer displays on incoming numbers.