By default all DIDs route to any active SIP registration. See Statically Route Your Number to a Host System for Inbound Calls if you are not using SIP registration.
To create inbound routes for your DIDs:
- Log on to the FreePBX Administration.
- Go to the Incoming Routes section, and then click Add Incoming Route.
- In the Description field, enter a description.
- In the DID Number field, enter your DID. The trunk code 1 must prepend the number; for example, 12065551212.
- Leave the Caller ID Number field blank and make no other changes to the rest of the route.
- Set the destination to where you would like the call to go to. For example, this might be IVR, Extension, etc.
- Submit your changes, and then click Apply Configuration Changes at the top of the screen.
- Repeat each step above for any other DIDs for which you want to create separate routes.
NOTE: If you do not have the proper inbound routes connected, FreePBX will still connect the call, but the following error message will be played: The number you have dialed is not in service...
If you receive this recording, verify that your inbound route was set up correctly.