The G.729 codec is a proprietary audio codec. As such it requires proper licenses to be installed prior to using it. Offering G.729 without the necessary licenses can cause audio issues, such as one-way audio or dead-air on calls.
If you do not have licenses for G.729 codec on your FreePBX, please ensure that your trunk configuration is only offering support for G.711u-law on your Flowroute trunk. This is modified in your FreePBX configuration.
To disable G.729 on FreePBX
- Log onto your FreePBX administration panel.
- In the navigation pane, click Connectivity, click Trunks, and then click <Your Flowroute Trunk> to open your Flowroute trunk page.
- Locate the Outgoing Settings section.
- In the PEER Details section, replace any instance of allow= with:
- When completed, the PEER Details section should resemble the following:
Click Submit Changes, and then click Apply Config.
Your FreePBX will now support only G.711u-law.