Before you begin
You will need the following information from your Flowroute account:
- Your SIP Credentials, found on the Interconnection > Status & Settings page. These include your Username & Auth Username and Password, and the SIP Proxy, which is sip.flowroute.com.
- The 11-digit Flowroute DID you want to use, found on the DIDS > Manage page. If you do not have a Flowroute DID, you can use any outbound caller ID number.
To modify Grandstream IP Phone settings:
On the Grandstream IP Phone FXS PORT1 or PORT2 page:
- Set the Primary SIP Server to use the Flowroute SIP proxy, sip.flowroute.com.
- Set the SIP User ID to use your Flowroute DID or other outbound caller ID telephone number.
- Set the Authenticate ID to use your Flowroute eight-digit SIP Credentials Username & Auth Username.
- Set the Authenticate Password to use your SIP Credentials Password.
- Set SIP Registration to Yes.
- Set the Preferred Vocoder to use PCMU as the first priority, and G729 as the second.
- Save any changes, and reboot your phone.
- Call a number to make a test call. US telephone numbers must be dialed using an 11-digit format, which is 1 + the area code + the seven-digit telephone number.
After a few minutes, you can check the Interconnection > Status & Settings page of Flowroute Manage to see if Flowroute shows an active SIP Registration for your device.