Configure an Inbound Route in FreePBX
To receive inbound calls on your FreePBX system when your Flowroute Direct Inward Dial (DID) is dialed, you must have an inbound route configured. This is required in addition to ensuring your DID points to a valid route within Flowroute Manage. By default all DIDs route to any active SIP registration. See Statically Route Your Number to a Host System for Inbound Calls if you are not using SIP registration.
- Log on to the FreePBX Administration.
- Go to the Incoming Routes section, and then click Add Incoming Route.
- In the Description field, enter a description.
- In the DID Number field, enter your 11 digit DID.
NOTE: The trunk code 1 must prepend the number; for example, 12065551212
- Leave the Caller ID Number field blank and make no other changes to the rest of the route.
- Set the destination to where you would like the call to go to. For example, this might be IVR, Extension, etc.
- Submit your changes, and then click Apply Configuration Changes at the top of the screen.
- Repeat each step above for any other DIDs for which you want to create separate routes.
NOTE: If you do not have the proper inbound routes connected, FreePBX will still connect the call, but the following error message will be played by the outbound caller's carrier: The number you have dialed is not in service...
If you receive this recording, verify that your inbound route was set up correctly.
Did you find this article helpful?