Prepend your Tech Prefix to use IP-Based Authentication in FreePBX
This article describes the steps required to prepend your Flowroute Tech Prefix to dialed numbers in order to use IP-Based Authentication in FreePBX.
Dialed numbers are set up using the following format:
- XXXXXXXX* represents your tech prefix with trailing asterisk,
- 12066418000 represents the number to dial, and
- @[Preferred PoP].sip.flowroute.com is appended after the number to dial.
|NOTE: This is one of the two steps required for IP-based authentication.|
- Have your Flowroute Tech Prefix. This can be found on your Account Profile page of Flowroute Manage.
- Have the numbers you want to set up for IP-based authentication.
- Log on to FreePBX Administration application, and then go to your Flowroute Trunk page.
- In the Outbound Dial Prefix field of the Dialed Number Manipulation Rules section, enter your Tech Prefix followed by an asterisk (*), as shown in the following example:
- Click Submit Changes, and then click Apply Config.
- Restart FreePBX.
- Statically route your inbound calls to your public IP.
- Disable SIP Credentials in your Flowroute account under Preferences -> Fraud Control.
Disabling SIP Credentials will better secure your system by preventing fraudsters from being able to steal your credentials from your FreePBX to make fraudulent calls.
Did you find this article helpful?