Set an Outbound Caller ID Name (CNAM Storage)
CNAM storage controls the caller ID name display on called numbers supporting this feature. This article describes using Flowroute Manage to create a CNAM Preset and later apply it to any of your Flowroute DIDs.
- Log on to Flowroute Manage, and then click DIDS on the menu.
The CNAM Storage Service page appears:
Click Add new CNAM.
The Add CNAM Preset page appears:
- From the Usage type drop-down list box, select either Residential or Business, depending on the type of CNAM this is for.
Do one of the following:
If you selected Business as the usage type, in the Business name field, enter the name you want to set.
If you selected Residential as the usage type, enter your First Name and Last name.
NOTE: CNAM values can be no longer than 15 alphanumeric characters. All CNAM values are reviewed prior to being submitted to the public database.
- Click Add.
- Next, assign the newly created CNAM preset to a DID.
Under the DIDS menu, click Manage.
The Manage your DIDs page appears:
Click the check box next to each DID you want to apply the CNAM preset to.
If you want to select all DIDs displayed on the page, click the check box to the left of DID in the column header. You can then optionally select all DIDs you own.
- Click Choose a DID Action, and then from the list select Set CNAM Storage Preset:
Click Apply Action.
The CNAM Presets page appears.
- Click in the Search for a CNAM value field, and then from the list select the CNAM Preset you created above.
Click Confirm Order.
The CNAM Presets page closes, and the Manage your DIDs page appears, with the Preset name displayed in the CNAM Storage column for any DIDs you applied this to.
A status message displays at the top of the page letting you know that it takes 5-7 days to process a CNAM Preset request as some carriers do not process the request immediately. No notice is sent when processing is complete.
Did you find this article helpful?