Purchase a DID
Purchasing a direct inward dial (DID), also known as a telephone number, is a quick and simple process. The steps below guide you in purchasing one or more DIDs.Before you begin
- You will need to have an account set up with Flowroute. If you don't have a Flowroute account, signing up is quick and easy. You can find the steps here.
- There are setup fees associated with purchasing a DID, oftentimes very minimal. You will need to have available credit in your account to cover any setup fees. To add credit to your account, see the steps here.
1. Log on to your account at Flowroute Manage.
2. Click DIDS, and then click Purchase.
NOTE: Flowroute uses only per-minute billing. You can find a related article here
3. To make a search easier, use Filters on a left side. You can use a drop-down list box to indicate a number filter, and add more filters if needed. There is an option to indicate a State and/or Rate Center from which you want to purchase a number. Additionally now, we offer the ability to sort by number type (toll-free, local), country, or rate center. Along with the sorting and filtering options, we offer the ability to use 'Order by" so you group the available numbers by ascending, descending, rate center, e.t.c.
When you set all the criteria, hit Apply Filters button, you will get a list of available telephone numbers, along with the monthly rate (MRC - Monthly Recurring Charge), setup fee, and Type.
4. Click Purchase to the right of each phone number you want to purchase. Please keep in mind that this action adds the chosen number to your DIDs and withdraw a certain amount from your account. An alert in case of successful purchase will be shown in the top right corner.
5. For each number you purchase, the DID Purchase (Single Numbers) page updates as follows:
- Your available Credit (bottom left corner) is updated to reflect the adjustment for the purchase.
- A list of the DIDs you purchased displays in the Purchased DIDs section.
- The list of available DIDs for purchase is updated to show the number you purchased is no longer available for purchase.
That's it! You're all set to use your new DIDs!
Did you find this article helpful?