As some of you know, we’re using Statuspage to communicate about incidents and scheduled maintenance. Statuspage is a communication tool where we publish and send incident notifications to affected users.
Why are we using Statuspage?
Today you expect a certain level of transparency. When things go wrong, we need an easy way to communicate about those incidents. Using Statuspage as the single source of truth for all incident communication will allow us to focus more on fixing the problem, and less on managing communication in a variety of channels. Everything we publish in Statuspage can be shared across multiple channels including Email, SMS, Webhook URL, and more.
Here’s what Statuspage can help us with:
- Proactively communicating with our users when things go wrong or in event of planned maintenance
- Reducing support volume during incidents and downtime
- Getting our internal teams on the same page during incidents
- Being transparent with our customers by showing our uptime percentage
- Scaling our incident communication process
- Providing customization flexibility so you can be:
- auto-subscribed to every incident
- subscribed to individual components
- subscribed to individual incidents
Let's get started!
Step 1. Go to https://status.flowroute.com/ and click "Subscribe to updates"
You may choose one or more options among Email, SMS, Webhook, RSS/Atom feed, and others to receive notifications.
Step 2. If you are subscribing for the first time, you will need to check your email box and confirm your subscription. Once confirmed, you'll be redirected to Statuspage.
If you are already subscribed, go to Step 3.
Step 3. Now it's time to customize your subscription. Click "Subscribe to updates" again and enter your communication method. Check only those components/services you would like to receive notifications about and click "Save". Once saved, you receive the "Awesome! Your subscription preferences have been updated" message. By default, all components are selected. You may customize the component selection as many times as you need.