- Ability to send and receive MMS messages
- Embedded delivery receipt information for outbound SMS
- Ability to configure separate callback URLs for SMS and MMS
- Ability to send compact and JSON API requests
To get started with the upgrade:
1. Log in to your Flowroute account.
2. Visit Preferences > API Control to update your SMS or MMS settings.
3. Select v2.1 in the SMS Format drop-down list and click Save. As noted above, reverting to v2 is currently not an option. While you can still hit any of the
/v2/messages endpoint, your Message Detail Records (MDRs) will be rendered in the v2.1 format with embedded delivery receipt information for every outbound SMS that you send.
5. If you want to take advantage of Flowroute's MMS Callback service, configure your MMS Callback URL and click Enable MMS.
Enabling MMS will add new attributes from v2.1 to your inbound SMS message detail records (MDRs) as shown below:
|NOTE: There may be some delay in updating the Callback URLs associated with your account.|