CNAM storage is only available for local US DIDs. CNAM storage is unavailable for Toll-Free numbers and/or Canadian DIDs.
To set an outbound caller ID name:
- Log in to Flowroute Manage account, and then click DIDS menu and go to CNAM.
Type the new ID name and click Create to submit your CNAM for approval.
On the right side of the page, you will see all your CNAM values along with their Statuses. Once the Status changes you get an email notification.
Once submitted, Flowroute Team will review your CNAM to make sure it goes along with the CNAM guidelines. It can take up to 2 business days.
Any rejected CNAM includes a reason for the rejection. Please follow the instructions to edit your CNAM value or choose a different identifier.
to ensure your CNAM identifies are properly activated:
- CNAM values can include up to 15 alphanumeric characters.
- Should not be all numeric.
- Cannot be all special characters such as but not limited to: .,/$%#()@!
- Should be more than one alpha character long and spell something of value.
- Should not contain profanity
- Should not be anything generic
- Should not be any meaningless phrases
- Should not refer to famous people
- Should not refer to religious titles
- Should not refer to fictional characters
- Should not be generic jargon
To adjust CNAM on your DIDs:
- In Manage Portal, under the DIDS menu, click Manage.
- Select DIDs where you want to apply the CNAM preset using checkboxes.
- Click Choose a DID Action, and then from the drop-down list select Set CNAM Storage Preset (or, Clear CNAM Storage Preset if you want to remove CNAM from selected DIDs), then Click Apply Action.
The CNAM Presets page appears. Search for a CNAM value, and then from the list of available values select the CNAM Preset you would like to assign.
- Click Confirm Order.
NOTE: It can take 5-7 business days after adding a CNAM to a number before it is propagated on terminated networks.